LAST UPDATED: MAY 31, 2018
Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, or interact with us on the phone or social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your date of birth, gender, and social handles;
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Information about your use of our Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the products you buy or express interest in.
Information we collect from other sources
When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name, picture, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Information we collect by automated means
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
We may associate this information with your DL1961 account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with DL1961.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
Category of Cookies?
?Why We Use These Cookies?
These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.?
We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences.
We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them.
We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services.?
We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.?
Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install?Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit?http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the?European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
?Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to deliver the products you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you, and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research; and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity.?
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment and payment services, customer service, and marketing support;
- With select partners as a part of co-sponsored promotions;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend DL1961’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among DL1961’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent and at your direction.
When you provide a product review or other user content, that content will be publicly posted. We may also share aggregate or de-identified data that does not identify you personally.
Your Rights and Choices
Managing or deleting your DL1961 account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your DL1961 account. You may delete your DL1961 account by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Our Services are not designed for children and do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please?contact us,?and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
DL1961?is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and entities in the United States and other countries. As such, we may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, we process your personal data when:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the DL1961 products you have ordered).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
Data subject requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may?contact us?as indicated below. If you have a DL1961 account, you may also review, update, and delete certain personal data by logging into your account.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our practices concerning the processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see?http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: DL1961 Premium Denim, Inc., 121 Varick St. Floor 4, New York, NY 10013, Attn: Legal.
DL1961 Premium Denim, Inc.
121 Varick St., Floor 4
New York, NY 10013